Podcasts are downloadable, on-demand audio shows that are a great platform to talk about industry topics. The number of published podcasts grew 23% between 2015 and 2016, and the market (especially business-related) is still not saturated.
The benefits of podcasting are clear. They are:
- Great for exposure
- A good form of non-sales content
- Fantastic for gaining trust, promoting thought leadership, and generating leads
People consume podcasts on their commute, while working around the house, exercising, and my favorite, mowing the lawn. It’s a great way to find new ideas while also doing something else time-consuming or trivially engaging (like mowing the lawn).
People love business podcasts because they show the real humans behind the company. You get to showcase your knowledge while also being a real person with humor and insight.
The guide covers:
- How to build a podcast into your content strategy
- Best practices for writing and maintaining a podcasting schedule
- Scheduling and publishing your podcast
- Key metrics to report on
More coming soon! Get notified when we update this and other sections in the Ultimate Content Marketing Guide by signing up below.
Published on May 21st, 2017 and last updated on July 7th, 2017