Self-publishing has exploded as technology, reliability, and access have increased the number of ebooks published and read across every industry. Although the number of units sold fluctuates over the year, the amount of annual revenue from ebooks continue to rise steadily, with a projected 8.69 billion in 2018. And that’s just revenue. Those statistics don’t count the ebooks that marketers trade for leads or newsletter signups.
Ebooks are particularly useful as a part of a marketing strategy because they are:
- Not sales-focused
- Deep (epic, big rock, evergreen) content
These qualities make ebooks especially attractive to marketers because they are good for SEO and lead generation, which in turn can increase a brand’s exposure in the marketplace and overall revenue. Whether you decide to pull in a bit of extra income from your ebook by selling it directly to consumers or you use your ebook to drive traffic to other products, writing and publishing an ebook can result in big revenue gains.
This guide will teach you:
- How to integrate ebooks into your marketing strategies
- How to write an ebook (first, sit down and write it–but we’ll also help with the formatting and uploading part)
- Publishing and marketing your ebook
- Metrics and reporting to track the impact of your ebook on your marketing process.
More coming soon! Get notified when we update this and other sections in the Ultimate Content Marketing Guide by signing up below.
Published on May 21st, 2017 and last updated on July 7th, 2017